Report an improvement in achieving their health goals5
For Employee Caregivers
The CancerAid Carers Program is there to support employee caregivers, which is up to 12% of the workforce at any given time.3
Providing unpaid care to someone diagnosed with cancer is an intense experience that comes at great cost to the carer’s own health and wellbeing (including higher risk of anxiety and depression).7 Caregiving also causes presenteeism.8
Employees have access to a health coach over a 6-week program
Covers communication tips, medical decisions, working with a team, and how to look after yourself
Program is designed to reduce the impact of informal caregiving on employees
For the Organization
For people to return to work, they need to feel work is a supportive environment. In one study, 52% of cancer patients believed they could have returned to work sooner if they received better support.9
The CancerAid Coach Program is designed to help your employees return to wellness.
Our three core offerings work in tandem to deliver effective results.
2. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). Cancer in Australia 2019. cancer series no 119, cat no can 123. Canberra: AIHW, 2019. Cancer Council 2020. Cancer, work and you. https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/cancer-information/legal-work-and-financial-issues/work-and-cancer/
3. Australian Bureau of Statistics, 4430.0 Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings, 2018, viewed 2 July 2020
4. CancerAid publication, to be released ~June 2021
5. CancerAid Internal Analysis, 2020.
6. Ballurkar K, Tan Z, Lo J et al. Feasibility and Acceptability of a Digital and Telephone Coaching Program to Promote Improved Return to Work Outcomes in a Cohort of Australian patients. 3rd Victorian Cancer Survivorship Conference [Presentation]. March 2020.
7. Psychological burden in family caregivers of patients with advanced cancer at initiation of specialist inpatient palliative care, 2019, Oechsle K et al.
8. The direct and indirect financial costs of informal cancer care: A scoping review, 2019, Coumoundouros C.
9. Unum. Press Release - More than half of employees with cancer felt they may have been able to return to work sooner had they received better employer support. Unum Group of Companies. Surrey; England 2019. https://www.unum.co.uk/media/cancer-in-the-workplace
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
CancerAid acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of Country and their continuing connection to land, sea and community. We pay our respects to them, their cultures, and their Elders and Leaders past, present and future.